This Article explains the reports that should be run at the End of Financial Year, for full advice please see End Of Financial Year Advice
Preparing for the End of the Financial Year
- Clear up customer/subagent debts - Accounts receivable are a taxable asset
- Use Reports -> Customer -> Bad Debts (Aged Debtors in later version of Retailer) to find customers who have outstanding balances.
- Clear up uncollectable debts
- Using the Bad Debts Report, identify debts that are uncollectable.
- For Cash Accounting, perform a Balance Adjustment to clear the debts.
- For Accrual Accounting, perform an Invoice Credit using an item with GST to clear the debts.
- In the Customer and Subagent Billing screens, tick the Print Full Audit and Preview Audit tickboxes.
- In the preview, click on the printer icon to print out the report.
- Then, click on the red PDF icon to save the report as a PDF file.
On the Final Day of the Financial Year (30 June)
- Print a General Debtors Report
- Reports -> Customer -> General Debtors
- Print a General Stock Listing Report
- Reports -> Stock Reports -> Stock Listing Reports -> General Stock Listing
- Print Returns Forms for returns that have been scanned but DO NOT send them.
- Add these items to the stock quantities in the Stock Listing Report.
- Print a Gift Voucher Report for outstanding vouchers that are yet to be redeemed
- Reports -> Sales Reports -> Gift Voucher Report
- Print a Layby Report for outstanding laybys
- Reports -> Sales Reports -> Layby Report
- Perform a backup on a USB drive.
- Rename the backup file to something easy to identify for future reference eg. EOFY2014 in both the USB drive and C:\Tower\Retailer\AutoBackup.
- Take the USB off-site or keep it somewhere safe