To ensure that Retailer operates as intended, the following needs to be configured before installing and using Retailer.
Computer Names and Usernames
- Server computer name set to MAIN and username MAIN1.
Terminal computers names set to POS1, POS2 etc. and username POS01, POS02 etc.
NOTE: This is just the recommended naming structure. If you have existing names, you can retain them.
- The Workgroup needs to match on all computers.
- All computers need to have the username for every computer. For example, if you have MAIN1, POS01 & POS02, all three usernames need to be set up on every computer.
The password can differ between usernames but must be the same on each computer.
NOTE: Tower Systems does not keep a record of your usernames and/or passwords. Please keep a record of them somewhere safe.
- Ensure that the user accounts are set to Enabled and Password Never Expires through Computer Management.
- Allow log on through Remote Desktop for those users only. (Applies to multi-store users only)
- Disable User Account Control.
NOTE: In Windows 10, this prevents users from running Windows Store Apps such as Microsoft Edge and Calculator. However, if left enabled, you may encounter delays when processing vouchers through eziPass.
- Set up static IP addresses and disable IPv6.
- Set network location as Work Network or Private Network.
- Enable Network Discovery, File and Printer Sharing and Using User Accounts/Passwords to Connect to Other Computers.
- Turn off file sharing wizards through Folder Options.
- Share hard drives of all computers using a share name of C and provide Full Control to Everyone.
- Configure network drive mapping on client terminals - C: drive of server mapped to N: drive on clients terminals.
- Disable using Remote Desktop Easy Print driver through Administrative Templates in Group Policy Editor. (Applies to multi-store users only).
Drive & Folder Options
- Provide Full Control for the logged-in user to the C:\EDI, C:\TEMP and C:\Tower folder under the Security tab.
- Show extensions for known file types through Folder Options.
- Display settings minimum of 1024x768 (16 bit or higher).
- Set taskbar buttons to never combine through Taskbar Properties.
- Show Run and Administrative Tools through Taskbar Properties.
- Set the Regional and Language settings to English (Australia) and ensure that the date formats are set to DD/MM/YYYY.
- Set default keyboard to English (US).
- Power Management set to never turn off monitor or put computer to Sleep Mode.
- Change the User Environment Variables for TEMP and TMP to C:\TEMP through Advanced System Settings.
Additional Software to Install
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or newer.
- Acrobat Reader
- Create full antivirus exception for the C:\Tower folder.
- Create full antivirus and firewall exceptions for the following files: