On Monday 10th December 2018 you will receive an email from newsXpress containing your username and password. ONLY ATTEMPT these instructions after you have received this email.
- We are migrating to office365 to provide a better email experience with better more stable email hosted by Microsoft with better built-in spam and malware protection. You also get the cloud versions of Word and Excel and other office products for free.
- The actual conversion will take place early Tuesday morning. You will stop receiving email to your old account and emails will then simply flow to your new account. Please note that you are not changing your email address, however, you will need to add a new account in order to receive emails after the migration takes place on Tuesday.
- Please be aware that we will not be copying your existing emails to the new office365 platform. You will be starting with a blank email account. After the migration, you will be able to copy your old emails to the new service via your existing mail client.
- Webmail access will change please follow the instructions below to access webmail.
- If you are ever having issues with accessing email on any device please access your webmail for instant access.
- We will provide instructions for the 2 most common email clients, Outlook and Thunderbird. If you are not using one of these clients we will provide the settings required to set up your email account.
- If you need help with setting up your account AFTER ATTEMPTING, the instructions below please contact the TOWER SYSTEMS help desk. We will have a couple of staff members dedicated to help nXp members with email. If your call can’t be attended to immediately then we will log you a call and call you back. Please be aware that you have webmail if you need urgent access.
One of the benefits of migrating to office365 is that your email account is hosted in the cloud. Not only can you see all emails on any device, but you also have access to the cloud version Outlook.
If you are having issues
- In your browser portal.office.com
- Log in using your stores newsXpress email address and the password provided in the email
- If you are asked in the process to select an account, ensure you select Work or School Account. This will ensure that you are linked to the newsXpress corporate account.
- Once you have successfully logged in you will be presented with your office 365 dashboard.
- Click on Outlook. You will then be logged into your cloud version of outlook with your email present.
Setup Outlook Versions 365, 2016, 2013, 2010
These steps are the same whether you're adding your first email account or additional email accounts to Outlook. Please have your email with your email with your username and password handy.
Update Existing Account
- Open Control panel
Windows 10 Windows 7
1. Click the Start Button
2. Type 'Control Panel'
3. Click on the Control Panel option in the menu
1. Click the Start button
2. Click Control Panel from the list in the right margin.
- Click on View By and select Small Icons
- Then click on Mail
- Click on Email Accounts
- In the email address field add site.newsxpress.com.au after the @ symbol. For instance email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on Next then Finish, closing the mail and control panel windows.
Add New Office Account
- Open Outlook.
- Select File
- Then click on Add Account.
- What you see next depends on your version of Outlook.
|For Office 365 and Outlook 2016||For Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010|
Enter your email address and click Connect.
When prompted please enter your password from the email supplied.
Your account should then be added.
Enter your name, email address, and password, and click Next.
If prompted, enter your password again, then select OK > Finish to start using your email account in Outlook.
- Load Thunderbird
- Click on Tools --> Account Settings
- Click on Account Actions --> Add Mail Account
- A screen will then open asking you to enter your account details
- In Your name, enter your store name
- In the email address enter your store's email address
- In Password enter in the password as supplied in the email.
- Ensure that remember password is ticked.
- Click on Continue
- It should then find the correct settings then click on Done.
- Click on Outgoing Server (SMTP) in the list on the left-hand side
- Select the account smtp.office365.com in the list of accounts provided
- Click on OK.
- Your email account should then be active.
Below are the account settings you will need to manually configure an email client.
Server Settings for Office 365 for business
- Server Type is IMAP
- Use outlook.office365.com for incoming server settings.
- Use smtp.office365.com for outgoing SMTP server settings.
- Incoming Port 993 for IMAP